You have selected the Individual Membership Africa membership level.
General Information on Memberships
- The year of membership runs according to calendar year. Fees paid during the year apply only to that year of payment.
- Fees, that are relevant during the year of an AfSBT congress, remain the same for the following year, so that individual members are able to pay for two years whilst at the congress.
- Membership fees must be paid in full and bank charges borne by the member.
- Lapsed members do not enjoy the benefits applicable to members in good standing. However, lapsed members, who pay their annual fee, are reinstated without the need for back payments to ?cover years during which their status was lapsed.
- Not more than two years’ membership may be taken at a time. Before making payment, the fee applicable to the two years in question must be confirmed with AfSBT to avoid a shortfall in payment.
- Membership fees are reviewed every two years, by the AfSBT board, and members are advised by email of fees applicable. Next Fee review date by AfSBT Board of Directos will be during November 2019
Benefits of AfSBT Memberships
Includes honorary members
- Entitled to vote during general meetings of AfSBT
- Monthly e-newsletters
- Email notification when Africa Sanguine is released online
- Online access to full contents of Africa Sanguine
- Online access to educational materials
- On e-mailing list of news related to the field of blood transfusion
- Access to member content on AfSBT website including
- Access to AfSBT standards and guidance documents
- Access to Quality Management System documents
- Access to the ISBT Academy ePortal (incl. congress webcasts and presentations)
- Eligibility to join AfSBT committees
- Eligibility to register as AfSBT consultant
- Eligibility to be selected and trained as AfSBT assessor or educator in Step-Wise accreditation Programme
- Early registration discount for AfSBT congresses!!
- Provides the opportunity to post academic papers on AfSBT website
- Receipt of AfSBT new member welcome/ orientation kit
- Young researchers exchange programmes
- On the job training opportunities
- Accumulation of credits for attending AfSBT Congress
- Eligibility to be chosen as AfSBT country representatives
- AfSBT T-shirt when attending AfSBT congress
- Award for 10, 20 and 30-year membership milestones (nature of award to be decided)
- Reduced membership fees if paid 2 years’ fees in advance
Honorary members do not pay membership fees
Individual membership fee – African countries: USD 40.00/annum
Individual membership fee – overseas countries: USD 60.00/annum
The price for membership is $40.00 per Year.
Membership expires after 1 Year.