There are numerous benefits to an organization that is accredited, including –
- The reputation of the organization is enhanced internationally, particularly amongst its peers.
- Accreditation provides visible evidence of the organization’s commitment to quality and to the delivery of safe and effective blood components.
- It provides confidence that the organization is providing services that meet the highest standards.
- It acknowledges a level of organizational competence that is on a par with other accredited organizations.
- It provides the assurance that the organization is continually working to improve the quality of its services.
- It provides the opportunity, at the time of the accreditation assessment, to receive objective feedback from well trained and skilled peers. This is also an opportunity to learn of best practices that may be adopted by the organization.
- Staff morale is improved as training and competency programmes ensure that all employees know exactly what they are doing and also because they are made aware of the excellent standard of the services being delivered.
There are benefits to the clients and the Department of Health being served by an accredited organization, including –
- Assurance that the quality of the service delivery meets or even exceeds international standards.
- Confidence that the same level of service and safety is available throughout the area served by the organization.
- Confidence that there are appropriate protections in place in respect of confidentiality of patient and donor information, including test results.
- Assurance that there is a quality improvement process in place that will lead to continually improved services.
- Knowledge that, through the customer care programme, clients can have input into service delivery.
There are benefits to organizations providing funding to an accredited organization, including –
- Assurance that the organization has quality systems in place that reduce wastage through effective corrective and preventive actions.
- The programme of effective internal and external assessments provides assurance of on-going monitoring of the quality of services.
- Regular evaluations of client satisfaction provide information on the suitability and effectiveness of service delivery.